2 days Safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park Kazinga Channel
The 2 days tour to Queen Elizabeth national park takes you to explore Kazinga channel and other wildlife in the park The National Park is located in southwestern Uganda. It occupies an area of 764 square miles in a region of rolling plains east of Lake Edward & foothills south of the Rwenzori Mountains. the park is known for its wildlife; among the species are hippopotamuses, elephants, leopards, lions and chimpanzees. It is now home to 95 species of mammals and over 500 species of birds.
Depart from Kampala heading southwest across the country, through Mbarara town, the home to the impressive long horn Ankole cattle. On the way see the royal drum makers, stand on the Equator bargain at the roadside markets. Descend to Queen Elizabeth National Park keeping an eye out for game. A short game drive along the Channel track welcomes you into this park. In the afternoon we will go for a launch trip along the Kazinga Channel. This gives you the opportunity to view wildlife up close hippos huff and spray very close from the boat, buffalo linger in the shallow elephants watering, and many other wildlife. At least 80% of the wildlife in Queen Elizabeth national park can be found along this Channel. The shores of the channel are also home to an array of birds including pink backed pelicans, pied and malachite kingfishers, saddle billed stork and many others. Drive to your lodge through large expanses of savanna grasslands as you spot some wildlife enroute.
We set out early in the morning for a game drive in the northern part of the park on the Kasenyi Track in search of lions, elephants, solitary buffaloes. This is the best time for opportunities of viewing the cats in action owing to the vast population of Uganda Kobs. After the activities we drive back to Kampala/Entebbe.
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (On all days)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees